Sunday, January 11, 2009

My little surgeons....

Oh, to be a parent, to be so proud!
So, if you have been following our family's blog over the past year you will remember a few posts about our little cat, Tonks. There was this incident, and then this one... oh, and then this time.
Yes, it's time, I have another story.
Poor Tonks, but you know... she really does set herself up for these stories, she can run faster than the kids if she wants to.
So, yesterday morning we were getting ready to head to the store & both of the kids were in the kitchen. Rick walks in there to tell them to get their shoes on & here is the scene he finds:

Trevor & Olivia have Tonks pinned on her back on the kitchen table & we can hear them talking to her.
"About what?" you might be asking yourself.....

"Hold still, I'm a doctor... you're going to be ok, you need to hold still"

Well, apparently they also had a butter knife & were "doing surgery" on her stomach. Something they saw nothing wrong with & were totally fine telling their Dad about.

Needless to say, they got a major time-out for that one as Rick & I laughed in the other room.

7 comments:

Janelle said...

classic he wants to follow in his mommy's footsteps! no more studying around the kids!

Janelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mommy Madness said...

YIKES! I have also caught my kids doing things that deserved punishment, but it was hard to keep a straight face. I don't remember that happening with my parents... maybe they were better actors than I am.

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Ha that is hilarious!! Thanks for the chuckle!

K Lind said...

Poor Tonks! (Tee hee!) I can't help but laugh but that could have gone horribly wrong.

Unknown said...

Erin, what are you teaching your kids! J/k I love the creative little minds kids have. It's amazing any of us lived through childhood and probably more amazing if our pets did.

Anonymous said...

I really am surprised that cat isn't either dead or critically injured with all your kids put him/her? through. That is pretty dang funny though!