Tuesday, December 23, 2008

#@%*#&*!!!!!

Arrrgh!
So yesterday SO was not my day. Rick ended up throwing up all night so I decided to be a good wife & go out & shovel the 12" of snow we had on our porch, sidewalk, driveway, & all around the cars. (Of course, it was snowing so quickly that two hours later it didn't really do that much good since there was another 4")
Anyways..... I got the kids bundeled up, they went out to play while I shoveled. I came back inside & saw that my laptop was on the couch. I figured that wasn't the best spot for it so I picked it up to move it onto the kitchen table.
WELL.... apparently my hands were still a little shaky from being outside & about 2" from the table
I dropped it.
Yeah, really, BAM on the floor.
Now it won't start. At all. Both Rick & Kade say I did something to the hardrive.
Nice.
Good thing the waranty ran out two months ago.
I'm off to bribe the computer shop guys this morning with cookies. Because, of course, none of my recent pictures or documents were backed up.
Genius.

4 comments:

Rich said...

So, I know you told me about this, but reading it is even funnier. I had to laugh - just a little. Sorry about the CPU, hope all goes well with the cookies - maybe I'll call ahead and warn them. hmmm

portabellopixie said...

Eh ok lemons into lemonade. You are now done with school and didn't lose any finals to be turned in or homework that will keep you from graduating!!

Still though-sorry.

Sandi

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a Merry Christmas despite the tragedy! PS I did all the shoveling while we lived in Preston. I didn't mind though because it kept me thin (until I got pregnant)!

Janelle said...

I am so sorry that sucks! If you need anything let me know!