Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Trevor, Trevor, Trevor


So Rick took the kids to the mall yesterday to sign Trevor up for soccer (I am so friggin' excited) & to play --they have this huge indoor play area, one of the few places the kids can run around while the blizzards rage outside.--

Anyhow, while they were there they ran into Trevor's Primary teacher from church. We were so afraid that he was going to be one of "those kids" that was loud or never listened to his teachers, but from everyone we hear he's great.

Rick was talking to Trevor's teacher and she said that he was such a good kid, and that he always tries to answer questions and volunteers to do things. In fact, on Sunday they were talking about blessing the food & Trevor starts telling her that Daddy "kills the food" and it "dies, dies, dies!" He went on to say that "Daddy kills rabbits-jack & deers with his gun."

So nice. At church.

I am so glad that my husband hunts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! It's things like that that need to be written in your journal so you'll never forget them. I have a bunch in mine called "Elenaisms" and they are great! Once when my little brother was asked to give the prayer in opening exercises in primary, he blessed that "the birds will get blown out of the water." It's the little things that matter, I guess. =)

Kristen said...

we have kids to keep us humble, right.

or something.

I have had to cross several words off of my vocabulary list since I had kids. Hearing "freaking" from a 3 year old's mouth is decidedly disconcerting.