Monday, July 23, 2007

Potter-camping Mania

Soooo, this was the amazing weekend that the last Harry Potter book came out. Our ward had planned a campout at a local reservior but I figured, "Hey! I can do both." So we loaded up our gear & my Hermione costume & set off for the campsite. We got there & everything was fine, I was going to be meeting some friends in town (Rick preferred to stay behind & sleep w/ the kids) so we could all go to the party but at the last minute they had a change of venue, but I was still going. We got the kids ready for bed & then right as I was getting ready to leave my moment came, time to decide where my loyalties lay.
The sprinklers came on, not just "oh, let's water the flowers" sprinklers...gale-force sprinklers under & all around our tents. So, I forgoed the chance of being one of the first to get the book (I am so proud of me right now) & stayed to save my family & tent from getting soaked. (the kids were laughing the entire time)
In the process I was drenched completely & we got a late start. So I showed up as plain ol' wet Erin but still got my book w/in 20 minutes of the 12:01 release time. yippie!
Oh my gosh!!! This me (obviously) getting my brand-new HP book!!! I had some girls in line take the picture for me, I swear I felt like I was 12 years old I was so excited!!!!!
Since I didn't get to wear my Hermione costume I got my picture taken with these 2 fabulous girls, I'm sure they pretty much thought I was crazy. I went back to the campsite & read the book w/ my headlamp into the night.

Back to the camping part of the story...isn't he too cute?

Trevor's first-ever ride on a jet ski...

Oiliva was so excited about the whole thing she fell asleep on our Bishop's lap. (I love how you can see Trevor peeking his little head up so he could be in the picture)

No comments: