I figured after living in Idaho for 5 years now I should break down and try to grow potatoes, I know at least those are supposed to be able to grow around here.
My garden is now 1 month old. That's kind of deceptive though since it's really only started growing in the last 2 weeks. I was so excited & got it in on time/ early this year & then we had 2+ weeks of solid rain & clouds.
It was like Seattle, the only thing that grew were the weeds. So a few weeks ago I replanted what didn't sprout & have been trying to talk my tomatoes into growing.
This year I planted lettuce, spinach, carrotts, green beans, watermellon, cantelope, zucchini, yellow & scalloped squash, cucumbers, jalapenos, red & bell peppers, onions, & tomatoes.


The tomatoes are retarted, they don't realize that they are too small to start growing flowers & tomatoes but nonetheless, the midget plants are trying. I put the tomato cages around them today.
The tomatoes are retarted, they don't realize that they are too small to start growing flowers & tomatoes but nonetheless, the midget plants are trying. I put the tomato cages around them today.
I couldn't even take pictures of them, they look so pathetic. Not like last year's giant tomato monsters.
Oh well, at least they're salmonella free right?
I love gardening, even though I have vertically challenged plants this year I just love to be able to go out and mess around in the dirt for hours.
3 comments:
I was going to do potatoes but I spaced it when I was putting the garden in and didn't leave any room! Good news is I actually have tomatoes growing on my grape plant there are at least 14 and then on my regular plants there are just a few but they are there I am so excited. I might have to have you come teach me when my lettuce is ready though cause I am not sure about that one!
What a good gardener! I'm sure you will have good tomatoes, even if they are vertically challenged! You make me laugh!
What a cute garden. Mine is doing well too. Our tomatoes went through some transplant shock because we had to wait so long to put them in the ground because it kept freezing. But finally I am starting to see some little tomato buds. Our peas are ready for harvest too. The girls love to go out and pick peas for their afternoon snack. I love gardening too!
Post a Comment