As many of you know I just finished a 6 day stretch of night shifts (7pm-7am) for my nursing clinicals. What this means is that I've pretty much been getting home at 7:30 am, sleeping until past "lunch", & then have a few hours before I make the kids dinner, drop them off at our friend's (Janelle) on my way in to the hospital where Rick then picks them up after midnight on his way home from work.
Then we get up and do it all over again.
Well, this morning as I got home the kids woke up. I was getting them settled in to watch a cartoon on the couch with their blankets so I could go to bed when Trevor looks up at me and with this little sheepish expression on his face says this (picture in your mind that as he keeps talking his sheepish expression keeps growing):
Trevor: We really love you Mom.
Me: Awww, you do?
Trevor: We really love you.
Me: Thanks Buddy, I love you guys too.
Trevor: Yeah, we need you.
THUD.... cracked my heart wide open. I love my kids.
3 comments:
awwwww! it's just too much!
It's those kinds of moments that make being a parent and putting up with everything worth it! That really is just too precious!
That is really cute!! I love moments like that.
Post a Comment