Saturday, June 14, 2008

Wear sunscreen

It's no secret, I'm Irish.
Scots-Irish in fact, even better.

Irish + California = skin cancer

On Wednesday I had a biopsy taken of a little spot I've had on my cheek for a few years (no, not a mole, not melanoma-like). So yes, those are bright blue sutures on my cheek. I figured since I had this huge family history of skin cancer I'd be pretty dumb not to at least have it checked out, no results yet.

So what did I do two days later? .......

...... went & got my first sunburn in over 10 years.
I'm an idiot, I always use sunscreen, always have. Obviously, not this time.
Sheesh.

4 comments:

Caywood Clan said...

Golly gee erin you're kind of being a little slutty don't ya know!?! haha...Love what you ended up leaving as your background to your blog...I (I mean you) have such great taste!

Janelle said...

one word erin, genius!

Kristen said...

owch!

Rich said...

Yeah, you said it just like I would have. Good one.