Saturday, November 3, 2007

Catching up...

So, as you can tell by the neglected state of my blog...school has been keeping us both pretty busy. When I'm not going insane that's a good thing though. I'm learning a ton & getting to do all sorts of fun medical stuff. (out of respect for those who are a little weaker-stomached I'll refrain from all the cool details). But, during my Surgical rotation I did get to be in on an open-heart surgery, the Dr. was doing a couple bypass grafts & that was so awesome!
(Google: "CABG" if you want to see pics)
Anyhow, I know I've severly ignored my blog & sending any form of correspondence so I'll try to make up for it a little.
We went to Park City, UT last weekend w/ a few other couples to a friend's cabin & it was so much fun. I forgot my camera so once I get copies of the pics from our friends I'll post.
Enjoy a little glimpse into what we've been up to the last month:
I absolutely LOVE Halloween but I felt like such a loser this year. I barely got my decorations up, the pumpkins didn't get carved, Trevor was actually Superman (don't let the picture mislead you), & on the day of the Halloween carnival I had a 12 hour shift at the hospital. So, Rick made the sugar cookies to decorate w/ the kids & then couldn't find Olivia's right costume so like a good Dad he went & got her a new one (she loved it). So I didn't even know what my own daughter was going to be until I showed up. Dressed as what, you might ask? A nurse, of course.

So serious...hair cut time. Dad is a great barber & then he gets a bubble bath when it's all over, a pretty fair deal if you ask me.

Rick was outside one day working on building us a shed & Trevor decided to help shovel the snow. He cleared the entire porch & was working on the driveway by the time we found him.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

yay updates! Hope you survive the semester and that christmas break is very relaxing for you!!