Friday, September 14, 2007

Kids in the garden

It was sad to leave my wonderful garden behind when we moved but the buyers said since they don't know anything about gardening if I help them out I'm welcome to whatever I want. Yes!
I love this picture, we had two volunteer sunflowers this year & this one was just too pretty to resist. Gorgeous photograph, if I do say so myself.

Aunt Roxie would be proud... I call this my "going to Farmer's Market to sell my wares" box. Not that I actually sold my stuff at the market but every week at church I bring a box like this to give away. We've got zucchini, summer squash, yellow squash, cucumbers, lemon cucumbers, green beans, lettuce, spinach, onions, & tomatoes.

Yes, these are my zucchini plants. They were monsters, as you can see,

Olivia literally could get lost in them.

Mmmmm....doesn't that look good?
I was pretty proud of my lettuce, it went insane this year.

just a cute pic of the kids to keep the grandmas happy...


















I call these last two the battle of the cucumbers -vs- the squash plants. One poor roma tomato plant got stuck in the middle & if you look closely you can see a cucumber vine taking it over too.

1 comment:

The Nordstrom Family said...

Oh Erin, it is soooo beautiful, it just brings tears to my eyes! Great pictures.